Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cooking Indian is not for sissies... like me

Last night I tried to cook mutton rogan josh for Gurtaj's birthday and it turned out a complete disaster. The kitchen was smouldering hot (how the heck does my cook do this on a daily basis??); it took me half an hour to just lay out the ingredients (separately for the "meat", "paste", "vegetables"), measure and grind them; I found out half the stuff was missing, so I had to run to the neighbours to borrow it. And finally, I ignored the instruction of cooking the meat for two hours (!) and of course it turned out completely undercooked! We finished by eating out and getting into a fight. LESSON LEARNT: On the next special occasion I would rather gift my husband with a pleasant wife, rather than a 5-star meal. AND I will stick to things I know rather than experimenting!

No comments: